Catch up work for the next two weeks
Geography Grade 12
Content Fluvial Processes
- River profiles transverse profile, longitudinal profile and their relationship to different stages of a river.
- Identification and descriptions of fluvial landforms.
- Meanders, ox-bow lakes and braided streams, floodplain, natural levee, waterfall, rapids and delta.
- River grading
- Rejuvenation of rivers: reasons and resultant features such as knick point, terraces and incised meanders.
- River capture (stream piracy): the concepts of abstraction and river capture: features associated with river capture (captured stream, misfit stream, elbow of capture, wind gap).
- Superimposed and antecedent drainage patterns.
Textbook/Resources Via Afrika Pg. 136 – 157
Assessment/Informal Activities 5 – 10 Unit Assessment Pg. 155